You can't get much more summery than Homemade Strawberry Lemonade. Sweet, citrusy, and such a pretty color, this refreshing drink is sure to make everyone smile.
Remember that Strawberry Simple Syrup we made? Well, it was all for this drink... Homemade Strawberry Lemonade! It’s like summer in a glass! There’s just something about drinking homemade lemonade that feels so special! It would be a great addition to a brunch buffet or backyard barbecue. Although, with such an easy recipe, you really don’t need to wait for a special occasion to make it!
Four Simple Ingredients
Guess what?! You only need four ingredients to make homemade strawberry lemonade:
- Lemons: You’ll need ¾ cup of fresh lemon juice from about 4-8 lemons.
- Sugar and Water: to make simple syrup plus extra water to dilute the lemonade.
- Strawberries: Fresh or frozen, I've used both with equally similar results!
Pro Tip: You might want to invest in a handy lemon squeezer... because fresh lemon juice is REQUIRED! (Don't make this with the bottled stuff and then tell me it wasn't any good! )
Making Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
Now on to the fun part! Making it!
Make the Strawberry Simple Syrup
First, make the strawberry simple syrup. It's really just a matter of simmering the water, sugar, and strawberries together until the strawberries are soft. Then strain out the strawberries and marvel at the gorgeous concoction you just made! Let it cool a bit before making the lemonade!
Then Make the Lemonade
To make the lemonade, pour the simple syrup, lemon juice, and extra water into a large container or pitcher and stir to combine. Fill the remaining space with ice. You can also toss in some sliced strawberries and lemons for a pretty garnish! That’s it!
Now fill your glass, kick your feet up, and enjoy the warm summer breeze! Ahhh!
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- 3 cups water,, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz Fresh or frozen strawberries, about 2 cups
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice, 4-8 lemons
- 3 ½ cups ice, or enough to fill desired container
- strawberry and lemon slices, optional for garnish
Make Strawberry Simple Syrup
- Place 1 cup water, sugar, and strawberries in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer. Let simmer for about 5 min or until the strawberries are soft and the sugar has dissolved.
- Strain out the strawberries, without mushing them, and allow the simple syrup to cool a bit before making the lemonade.
Make the Strawberry Lemonade
- Pour the simple syrup, lemon juice, and remaining water into a large glass pitcher or mason jar. Stir to combine.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, fill the remaining space in the pitcher with ice. Optionally, add sliced strawberries and lemons for garnish. Serve.