Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette. This is my favorite vinaigrette… ever. I mean it. Ever. I can’t help it. I literally could sit down and eat this with a spoon and be happy.
I’m crazy for the combo of lime and cilantro. Lime and anything really, but this? Killer. I am SO happy I am not one of those people that thinks cilantro tastes like soap. That would be a major bummer. So sorry if that’s you!
In an effort to make lunch time easier for myself, I’ve been picking a salad and prepping the ingredients on Sunday’s. I make up this cilantro lime vinaigrette and at the same time prep all the salad ingredients I want to go with it. For this particular salad that usually means corn, black beans, diced bell pepper, green onion, and tortilla strips. Then I keep it all in the fridge ready to go. When lunch rolls around and I’m famished, all I have to do is throw the salad into a bowl, top with the cilantro lime vinaigrette, and eat. It makes healthy eating choices so much easier. If I don’t prep ahead I usually just end up eating dove dark chocolates all day which, while delicious, isn’t super nutritious.
I made a version of this a while back but don’t go looking for that one ok? Let’s just stick with the ‘new and improved’ Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette. It’s got more cilantro, sweetened with honey, and a few more things to jazz it up. If you like cilantro, I know you’ll like this!
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed from 1-2 limes
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup cilantro fresh
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, sweet or a small shallot (about 1 oz.)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients, except for olive oil in blender or food processor. Blend on low or pulse until roughly chopped.
- With blender/processor on, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Blend until combined.
- Serve immediately or chill until use. Shake before serving if the vinaigrette separates.
Here’s another of my favorite salads.