I seriously love a good pizza. This White Pizza with Spinach and Garlic is no exception. A surprise ingredient at the end adds just the right touch!
*I've teamed up with Chebe Bread to make this recipe. They provided me with the mix but the recipe and opinions are all my own.
*This post may contain affiliate links. If you click a link, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. Affiliate links are clearly marked and I only link to products I actually use and recommend.
Ever since going gluten-free this past January, the main thing I can't seem to find a good replacement for is pizza. Good pizza when you're gluten-free, is hard to find! #thestruggleisreal I've tried so many mixes, frozen crusts, & home-made blends. Not one gave me that crunchy crust and chewy-ish center reminiscent of traditional pizza. That darn gluten seems to have cornered the market on good pizza! I'm happy to say though, that the Chebe Bread Pizza Crust Mix has provided me with the closest thing yet to the traditional pizza I miss so much! The crust got super crunchy and yet the center was still quite chewy! I called it a win! My husband tried it and agreed, it was the best option we've tried so far. Win, win!
Author's note 6/28/20: Since the first posting of this recipe, I've also found another great method for making gluten-free pizza... that actually tastes like pizza! Be sure to check out that post, too!
Since I knew no one else would really be eating the pizza with me, I went full on fancy. There's no way you'd catch my kids eating white pizza with spinach and garlic, but I've always loved making this pizza for myself. While recipe testing, I discovered two tips for using the Chebe Pizza Crust: 1. pre-bake the dough and 2. don't forget to poke holes with a fork! I skipped that step the first time and I had such a large hole, it was hard to put toppings on it! But I did wonder if it could somehow make a good pita! Did someone say falafel?
While this pizza looks fancy, it could not be simpler to make! First things first, sauté the spinach. This takes like 2 minutes. I added some garlic and red pepper flakes.
Once you've sautéed the spinach, you'll get the dough ready. Which was also very simple! Mix the dough, then knead for a couple minutes. Roll it out on parchment paper and pre-bake it. Once it is done with the pre-bake, it's time for toppings. Brush it with a tad more olive oil, then layer on the cheese, spinach, and chopped garlic. After that, it goes back in the oven to finish baking. When it comes out of the oven, finish it off with red pepper flakes and a squeeze of lemon! Yes, lemon! It adds just the right touch!
Check out the full recipe below! I can't wait to have some more fun with Chebe Bread Mixes. They are really easy to use and quite unique compared to other mixes I've found so far. Plus not only are they naturally gluten-free, they're also certified gluten-free, which to me is a huge bonus!
White Pizza with Spinach and Garlic
For the Pizza
- 1 pkg Chebe Bread Pizza Crust Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil plus more for brushing the crust
- ¼ cup Milk or milk substitute
- 4 oz Pizza Cheese Blend
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 Pinch Red Pepper Flakes or to taste
- ¼ Lemon wedge
- Sautéed Spinach see below
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2.5 oz Fresh Baby Spinach about 4 cups, lightly packed
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place a cast-iron pizza pan in the center of the oven. (If you don't have a cast-iron pizza pan, you can use any pizza pan you have. No need to preheat it.)
While the oven pre-heats, make the Sautéed Spinach:
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a medium size pan over med-high heat.
- Add in the clove of minced garlic and stir until just fragrant. Then add in the spinach and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Sauté for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is wilted but still a vibrant green. Remove from heat and place the spinach into a colander that is in the sink or over a bowl, allowing excess liquid to drain.
Prepare the Pizza Crust
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, 2 Tbsp olive oil, and milk. Add in the Chebe Pizza Crust mix. Stir until blended. It will be loose and crumbly.
- Pour the dough mixture onto the counter or clean surface. Knead the dough with the palm of your hands until it comes together to form a smooth ball.
- Place the ball of dough on a piece of parchment paper. Roll out the dough to be about 12-14 inches in diameter.
- Using a fork, prick the dough all over the surface to prevent large bubbles. Brush the surface with olive oil. Then place the crust on the pizza pan and pre-bake for 7 min.
Top the Pizza
- After 7 minutes, remove the pre-baked pizza crust from the oven.
- Brush with a little more olive oil. Top with the cheese, spinach, and chopped garlic.
- Place the pizza back in the oven and bake for 7 more minutes, or until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a pinch of red pepper flakes. Squeeze the lemon juice all over the top. Slice and enjoy!