What’s better than a delicious loaf of bread straight from the oven? One loaded with pumpkin, spice, and chocolate chips of course! Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is full of all the warm and cozy fall vibes!
It should be noted that it is
Pumpkin bread is such a classic, it’s fall’s version of banana bread. This recipe makes one loaf of bread that is moist, dense and doesn’t crumble in your hands. Honestly, I don’t think anyone would know it was gluten-free if you didn’t tell them. Chocolate chips, while optional, are the perfect pairing for pumpkin bread!
Ingredients for Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Great news! This recipe is not only gluten-free but dairy-free as well, just like my banana bread recipe!
- Gluten-free Flour Blend: Use a high-quality blend. I love and use Pamela’s Gluten-free All-purpose Flour for most of my baking. It already contains guar gum, which is necessary for gluten-free baking to thicken and stabilize baked goods. I find it isn’t necessary to make your own flour blend with so many great blends already on the market.
- Canned Pumpkin: Just plain pumpkin here, not pumpkin pie filling, which is different! I prefer Libby’s to the store brands. Always check labels, the only ingredient should be
- Other Pantry Staples: sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
which arenot dairy even though you find them in the dairy aisle. 😉
- Coconut Oil: Melted and cooled. Any liquid oil of your choosing will work in this recipe.
- Chocolate Chips: make sure they are a dairy-free brand if that is necessary for you. Enjoy Life Foods is a popular dairy-free option.
How to Make Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
This recipe is easy-peasy! That’s just one more thing to love about quick bread
Step 1: Blend the wet ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. A hand or stand mixer saves time and effort but this can always be done by hand.
Step 2: Measure the dry ingredients in a small bowl and whisk them to combine.
Step 3: Blend the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined.
Step 3: Fold in the chocolate chips! Always say yes to chocolate!
Step 4: Pour into a greased loaf pan.
Step 5: The pièce de résistance. Gently press a few more chocolate chips, or fifty, into the top of the batter before baking. (This step is optional but necessary.)
Storing Gluten-free Pumpkin Bread
I store this bread, tightly covered, at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you would like, the bread can also be frozen beyond that. Thaw at room temperature.
THE DREADED LEFTOVER Canned PUMPKIN
When it comes to pumpkin recipes, I’m always torn. Should I develop the recipe to use the whole can of pumpkin? Or develop the recipe to be a manageable size?! For me, I’d rather store the leftover pumpkin than have so much bread I don’t know what to do with it! But I’ve got you covered! Here are some options for using all the pumpkin!
- Double the recipe! The recipe can be doubled, using the entire 15 oz can of pumpkin, which will yield two loaves of bread.
- Easily store the leftover pumpkin! Just because you opened the can doesn’t mean the pumpkin will go bad! Store leftover pumpkin in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. If you see mold, throw it away.
- Freeze it! Leftover pumpkin can also be frozen in an airtight container and thawed to use in recipes later. A great tip is to freeze in 1/4 cup portions.
- Use in more great recipes, see below! Or add some pumpkin to your morning waffles or pancakes!
Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Full of cozy spices, pumpkin and chocolate chips, Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is the perfect quick bread for fall!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée, not pumpkin pie filling
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend, I used Pamela's Gluten-free All-purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus extra for top
Preheat oven to 325°F and grease a standard (8 1/2" x 4 1/2") loaf pan.
Whisk the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
With a hand or stand mixer, blend together the sugar and coconut oil. Add in the pumpkin and mix to combine. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix to combine.
Dump in the dry ingredients and blend well to combine.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour the pumpkin bread batter into a greased loaf pan. Sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top and genlty press into the top of the batter.
Bake at 325°F for 75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan.
- The recipe can be doubled, using 1-15oz can of pumpkin puree, making two loaves.
- Leftover pumpkin puree can be stored in the refrigerator or frozen for use later.
More gluten-free Pumpkin Recipes!
- Have you tried my Frosted Pumpkin Bars?! Oh man, so good!
- I don’t know about you, but I’m already thinking of Thanksgiving pie! Try my Pumpkin Pecan Pie or MI Gluten Free Gal’s Pumpkin Slab Pie!
Click here to see all of my quick bread recipes!
Shop this Post
*This post contains affiliate links, through which I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
Do you like this recipe?
⭐️ Please leave a star-rating below! ⭐️
Use the social share buttons to save this recipe for later!