If you enjoy drinking Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes every fall, you're going to love this copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Sauce recipe! Only three simple ingredients, no cooking required! Then you can make your own pumpkin spice flavored coffee or tea right at home!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's officially fall and that also means the return of pumpkin spice season! You really can't deny the unbelievable popularity of the official Starbucks drink of fall, the Pumpkin Spice Latte, affectionately dubbed the PSL.
But do you even have any idea how easy it is to make that magical pumpkin spice sauce right at home and not to mention, on the cheap?
Whether you want to make your own to save some cash or to avoid potential cross-contact from gluten at Starbucks, I've got you covered. Get ready to blow your mind with how easy it is to make your own homemade pumpkin spice sauce, with only a few ingredients and a few minutes of your time!
As someone with Celiac disease, I am no stranger to looking at the list of ingredients on literally everything I consume. Starbucks drinks are no exception. Although I haven't been to a Starbucks in years, I was curious if I could make a copycat version of the PSL so I looked up the ingredients in their app. Here's what I found:
The Pumpkin Spice Sauce is basically just sugar, condensed milk, pumpkin puree, and natural flavors. This tells me we can absolutely make a homemade version of this and with only three ingredients!
Here's what you'll need:
- Real pumpkin puree: I prefer Libby's brand.
- Sweetened condensed milk: not evaporated milk.
- Pumpkin pie spice
I saw a few recipes floating around for this sauce but none of them were quite as simple as this one. Some started with simple syrup and others started with sweetened condensed milk but added even more sugar or maple syrup. Honestly, none of that is necessary! Sweetened condensed milk is already sweet enough on it's own! Plus, by only using sweetened condensed milk, most of the work is already done for us!
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Sauce
This is where the literal magic happens. Once you see how easy this is, you'll probably be mad at yourself and Starbucks for taking all of your money every fall. But hey, you live and learn. Are you ready for this?
- Stir the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice together in a bowl.
- Whisk if needed to get out any lumps.
- Pour the sauce into a mason jar and refrigerate.
- Use about 1 tablespoon (you could add more if you like) in your morning coffee, iced lattes, or homemade Frappuccinos.
That's literally how easy it is and let me tell you, it's unbelievable how good it is! It's a taste of fall in every sip!
In this one recipe, you'll get about 36 tablespoons of sauce, that's basically 36 Pumpkin Spice Lattes for the cost of one PSL at Starbucks! [Insert exploding head emoji.]
Top Recipe Tip
Let the sauce rest in the refrigerator for a while after you make it. I found that the pumpkin pie spice kind of gets caught in your throat if you use the sauce immediately.
Give the sauce time to rest and hydrate the spices and this is no longer an issue.
I think you could make a dairy-free version of this recipe, too! Just substitute a diary-free sweetened condensed milk!
- Check out this easy recipe for dairy-free sweetened condensed milk!
- Or buy Nestle lactose-free sweetened condensed milk (contains milk) or
- Nature's charm sweetened condensed coconut milk.
Store the sauce in a small jar with a lid in the refrigerator. I think the sauce could potentially last about two weeks in the fridge, maybe longer. If you see mold or anything funky, throw it out.
Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Find even more great gluten-free recipes here!
Join my VIP community so you never miss a recipe! I send about one email per week.
Share this on Facebook and Pinterest using the social share buttons! Sharing helps more people like you enjoy these great recipes!
If you made this recipe, leave a comment and add a star-rating below!
Thank you for your support! ♡
More Fall Recipes
Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, not evaporated milk.
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Stir ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Use about 1 tablespoon of sauce in your preferred coffee/espresso drink.
- Store leftover sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.