Abundant summer zucchini and ripe bananas are a match made in quick bread heaven! This delicious gluten-free zucchini banana bread is also dairy-free! It is great for snacks or at meals, both kids and adults alike will love this bread!
With summer upon us, many gardens are bursting with zucchini! You may be in need of some delicious ways to use up that delicious summer squash! While zucchini muffins are always a favorite, this zucchini banana bread is outstanding, too!
This bread is quick and easy to make and bakes up perfectly every time! While you can't necessarily taste the zucchini, the combination of zucchini and banana means you'll get an extra flavorful loaf that is delicious and moist and full of healthy nutrients!
- Gluten-free Flour Blend: Use a 'cup for cup' gluten-free flour blend with xanthan gum. This recipe was tested with King Arthur Measure for Measure and Namaste Perfect Blend flour. Please, let me know in the comments if you have success with another flour blend!
- Almond Flour: If you've never added almond flour into your gluten-free baked goods, you must give it a try! It adds just the right amount of lightness and flavor to this loaf! I like to get mine from Costco or amazon.
- Zucchini and Banana: This bread is incredibly moist and flavorful due to the zucchini and banana, but you must follow the recipe measurements for these ingredients. Adding too much of either may result in a loaf that is too soggy and unappealing!
- Dairy-free: Great news, this recipe is also dairy-free! No substitutions needed!
Making this gluten-free zucchini banana bread could not be easier! While I like to mix the dry ingredients separately to ensure they are evenly distributed, if you're a rebel who hates doing dishes, you could certainly mix up this recipe all in one bowl. To get started:
Step 1: Whisk together the dry ingredients.
Step 2: Then blend the wet ingredients.
Step 3: Now, blend the wet ingredients together with the dry mixture. You don't need to overmix here, just make sure they are evenly incorporated.
Step 4: Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake! In under an hour you'll have the wonderful smell of cinnamon and banana wafting through your kitchen!
Feel free to add in some extra pizazz to this recipe! You can add ½ cup of your favorite mix-ins: chocolate chips, pecans, or walnuts would all be delicious!
Store this bread at room temperature for several days, tightly wrapped. Feel free to freeze the whole loaf or leftover slices to enjoy later!
Thank you for reading! If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out related gluten-free recipes below!
Feel free to join my newsletter so you never miss a recipe!
Share this on Facebook and Pinterest using the social share buttons below! Sharing helps more people like you enjoy these recipes!
If you made this recipe, let us know in the comments and add a star-rating!
Thank you for your support! ♡
More Gluten-Free Quick Bread Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out my other quick bread and muffin recipes!
Gluten-free Zucchini Banana Bread
- 1 ½ cups 1:1 gluten-free flour blend, King Aruthur Measure for Measure or Namamaste Perfect Flour Blend
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini*
- ¾ cup mashed ripe banana*
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup walnuts, pecans, or chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a standard size loaf pan (9x5") and/or line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In another medium size bowl, blend together the remaining ingredients.
- Blend the wet and dry ingredients together just until the mixture is evenly incorporated.
- Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake at 350°F for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.