Crispy bacon, spicy arugula, and juicy tomatoes are placed atop a bed of quinoa and drizzled with a tangy yogurt dressing. Make this for the perfect meal prep lunch or satisfyingly easy dinner. BLT Quinoa Bowls are quite possibly better than a regular old BLT sandwich!
Could there be a better gift in the summer than a perfectly ripe heirloom tomato? Thanks to my neighbor out back and his juicy tomatoes, for providing the inspiration for this delicious BLT quinoa bowl!
When I made this delightful lunch, I could not even sit down before scarfing down the entire thing! Everyone knows how scarf-able a BLT sandwich is, this bowl though? May just be even better! The salty bacon and spicy arugula complement juicy, sweet summer tomatoes and the tangy yogurt dressing. All of that on top of a bowl of nutritious quinoa and I was thrilled with the outcome!
B: is for bacon, obviously!
L: is for aruguLa, green and leafy!
T: is for tomatoes, ripe and juicy!
Quinoa: You’ll also need cooked quinoa, which I did easily in the instant pot!
- Add 1 cup of quinoa and 1-1/4 cup of water to the instant pot.
- Cook on manual for 1 minute.
- NPR then fluff!
Yogurt Dressing for quinoa bowls: I wasn’t sure how much this would add to the whole concoction… but let me tell you, the dressing was not only necessary but crazy delicious! The sauciness was a nice addition and I loved the bites that included it! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Greek yogurt
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil or another fresh herb
- A small shallot
- A garlic clove
- Pinch of brown sugar, optional but balances out the tangy ingredients.
- Salt & pepper
Making BLT Quinoa Bowls
Step 1: Cook the quinoa in the instant pot.
Step 2: Crisp up some bacon and crumble it.
Step 3: Whisk together the ingredients for the yogurt dressing.
Step 4: Wash the arugula and dice the tomatoes.
Step 5: Assemble the bowls by placing a bed of quinoa in the bottom of a bowl, top with the B, L & T, and then drizzle with yogurt dressing.
Then… prepare to DEVOUR!
I hope you enjoy this easy twist on a BLT recipe! If you liked this, check out my other bacon-related favorites!
- Try BLT pasta with Veggie Penne, the “L” is in the pasta!
- Spicy Hawaiian Pizza with Bacon is a fun twist for pizza night!
- Gluten-free Bacon Fried Rice is an old, family favorite!
BLT Quinoa Bowls with Tangy Yogurt Dressing
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 large heirloom tomato
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, from about one lemon
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 4 fresh basil leaves, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, optional
- kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions or use Instant Pot: Place 1 cup quinoa and 1-1/4 cup water in the Instant Pot. Cook on manual for 1 minute. NPR then fluff.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crisp and crumble it.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the yogurt dressing.
- Wash the arugula & dice the tomato.
- Assemble the bowls: Start with quinoa on the bottom, then layer on the bacon, arugula, and tomato. Finally, drizzle with yogurt dressing.
Do you like this recipe?
⭐️ Please leave a star-rating below! ⭐️
Use the social share buttons to save or Pin this recipe for later!