Unicorn lovers unite! Magical Unicorn Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies, loaded with unicorn chips and rainbow sprinkles, are sure to make you smile!
If you’ve got little girls in your house, there’s a good chance they love unicorns. Unicorns are everywhere these days! No one can really escape this beloved mythical creature. Who even wants to try? Unicorns sure are fun for the imagination, especially with all the colorful rainbows and sparkles that usually accompany them! When we saw that Nestle released unicorn morsels, of course, we were on a mission to find them! Once we did, our first stop was making these Unicorn Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies!
HOw to make Magical Unicorn Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies
Making these cookies is as simple as subbing the unicorn morsels and sprinkles into your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe! I used my Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe as the base. (Head over there for all the gluten-free chocolate chip cookie tips!) But Wait! Don’t click away yet! I have a special tip for these cookies, too!
Want to know the secret to make these cookies extra magical?!!
Once you’ve scooped out the dough onto the parchment, gently press a few more chips and sprinkles onto the top of each cookie. This ensures that some of those bright pops of color will show after they’ve baked! It really is the trick to getting the most magical bang for your buck!
Are Nestle Unicorn Chips Gluten-free?
- According to Nestle’s customer support team, Yes!
- Although, the package does not explicitly state they are gluten-free.
- There are no gluten-containing ingredients on the label: *(SUGAR, PALM KERNEL OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, BLUE 1 LAKE, RED 3, SOY LECITHIN, MILK, VANILLA EXTRACT). *Ingredients list as of 9/20/19
- The Nestle company website states “We label all major allergens, including those containing gluten, in our products’ ingredients lists.”
So are they gluten-free? Yes, but I wish they would state that on the label like they do for their semi-sweet morsels!
Just FYI: these cookies are sweet! Super sweet. My son joked that they gave him an
Now if this cookie doesn’t put a smile your face, I don’t know what will! I sure hope you have as much fun with these magical cookies as we did!
Magical Unicorn Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies
If this cookie is any indication, unicorns must have a sweet tooth!
- 1 ½ cups Gluten-free All-purpose Flour Blend I use Pamela’s Artisan Blend All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons tapioca starch or cornstarch
- ½ cup butter 1 stick, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups unicorn chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unicorn rainbow sprinkles
Preheat the oven to 325°Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, & tapioca starch). Set aside.
With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. (About 2 min on medium speed.)
Mix in the egg and vanilla.
Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Stir in the unicorn chips and sprinkles.
Scoop 1 tablespoon-size portions of dough and place 2-inches apart on cookie sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes until the edges are lightly golden and centers are just starting to brown. (Do not overbake… unless you like a crispier cookie!)
More Gluten-free Unicorn REcipes!
- I absolutely love this Gluten-free Magic Cookie Unicorn Bark from Eat at Our Table! So cute!
- Make some Edible Gluten-free Unicorn Horns from Mom’s Place Gluten-free.
- Need a magical way to stay cool? Try Vegan Unicorn Pudding Pops form Flippin’ Delicious!
Like this recipe?
⭐️ Please leave a star-rating below! ⭐️
Use the social share buttons to save this recipe for later!