This sweet and salty Christmas Chex mix is sure to delight! Christmas Crunch is so easy to make and perfect for parties or gift giving!
How can you resist making this festive Chex party mix?! This gluten-free Christmas Crunch is a sweet and salty combo of corn and rice Chex, gluten-free pretzels, and dry roasted peanuts. It’s tossed in white chocolate and garnished with red and green M&M’s and sprinkles! It’s perfectly festive and mildly addicting. I took a cue from my crockpot candy recipe and decided to make this right in the slow cooker, which means it’s easy to make and less of a mess since it’s all mixed right in the crockpot!
Ingredients in Christmas Chex Mix
To make this gluten-free party mix, you’ll need:
- Corn and Rice Chex
- Gluten-free Pretzels – I like Snyders gluten-free pretzels
- Dry Roasted Peanuts – be sure to read labels and get peanuts with ingredients that are only peanuts or peanuts and salt.
- White Chocolate Chips – get high-quality chocolate like Giardhelli for the best flavor and melting! The brand really does make a difference!
Making Christmas Crunch
Step 1: Melt white chocolate in a 6-quart or larger crockpot on the WARM setting. Stir every 15 minutes.
Step 2: Stir in cereal, pretzels, and peanuts.
Step 3: Stir in half of the M&Ms.
Step 4: Spread the mixture evenly on two parchment or wax paper lined baking sheets.
Step 5: Sprinkle with sprinkles and remaining M&M’s.
Step 6: Allow to cool and then break into chunks.
- PLEASE NOTE: I tried this in the Instant Pot on the lowest slow cook setting and the chocolate scorched. For that reason, I DO NOT recommend using the Instant Pot for this recipe. The bottom gets too hot, too quickly, as compared to a traditional slow cooker with a thick crock that heats slowly and more evenly around the sides and bottom.
- If you don’t want to use the slow cooker at all, you can melt the chocolate either in the microwave or double boiler, and then mix the ingredients in a large bowl.
Perfect for gifts
Portion this sweet snack out into bags or tins and you’ll have the perfect gift for teachers, mail carriers, or your favorite delivery person!
Store at room temperature in airtight containers or Ziploc bags for several days or freeze for up to 4 weeks if making this Christmas Chex mix ahead of time.
Christmas Crunch Chex Mix
- 34.5 ounces Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips, 3 packages
- 5 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 5 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 2 cups Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 1 cup Gluten-free Pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups Red and Green M&M's Candy
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Red and Green Sprinkles
- Line two baking sheets with parchment or wax paper.
- Add chocolate chips to the crockpot, reserving 1/2 of a package. Turn to warm. Cover and let warm until chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add the remaining half bag of chocolate chips. Stir to melt.
- Stir in the cereals, nuts, and pretzels. When cereal is almost uniformly covered in chocolate, add 1 cup of M&M's. Stir to finish coating cereal.
- Spread the mixture evenly on two baking sheets.
- Before the chocolate sets, sprinkle with the remaining M&M's and the sprinkles.
- Let cool completely to harden, break into pieces.
More Holiday Recipes
All of my gluten-free holiday recipes can be found here, but here are a few of my favorites:
- Christmas Sugar Cookies
- Big Batch Chex Mix
- My Great Grandma’s Thumbprints and Oatmeal Cookies
- Gluten-free Peanut Butter Blossoms
Do you like this recipe?
⭐️ Please leave a star-rating below! ⭐️
Use the social share buttons to save or Pin this recipe for later!