Get ready for the easiest, no mess, no fuss corn on the cob ever. It’s Instant Pot corn on the cob!
As a midwestern girl, nothing says summer quite like corn on the cob! Trust me, the store-bought stuff just pales in comparison to ears plucked straight from the field! Naturally, I’ve eaten my weight in corn on the cob over the years, which also means I’ve tried just about every cooking method imaginable! Boiled, microwaved, grilled… the list goes on but I’ve finally found the end-all-be-all method for cooking those beloved ears of corn! (Spoiler alert, it’s the Instant Pot!)
The wonder of the Instant Pot (electric pressure cooker) will never cease to amaze me. Between mashed potatoes in the Instant Pot and now corn on the cob, the list is growing of things I will never make any other way. Instant pot corn on the cob is mind-blowingly easy. Yes, putting corn in a pot of boiling water is also very easy, I know, but here’s why the Instant Pot is better:
- It makes the most delicious, tender corn on the cob with only 1 cup of water.
- Hands free! No watching for water to boil or stirring around the cobs to make sure all sides cook evenly.
- Most importantly, no mess! Everything is contained, there’s no worry of a pot boiling over or water dripping everywhere when it’s finished.
How to make INstant Pot corn on the cob
- Put corn cobs in the instant pot, with or without a trivet, however they will fit. Cut cobs in half if they are too big.
- Pour in 1 cup of water.
- Set the Instant Pot (or any electric pressure cooker) to Manual for 2 min.
That’s it! ? TWO MINUTES to the most perfect, delicious corn!
The other thing I love about using the instant pot is that you can make the corn a bit ahead of time. You can easily get the corn going up to an hour before serving. When it’s finished, keep the lid on and the instant pot on the ‘keep warm’ cycle. When ready to serve, open the lid to corn that is hot, steamy, and waiting for butter!
A few notes for Instant Pot corn on the cob
- You can cook the corn with the husks on, increase the time to 3 minutes.
- There is no need to wrap the corn cobs in foil.
- If the corn fits with the trivet, use it. If not, don’t use a trivet.
- The corn cooks the same whole or cut in half.
- Cook as many or as few corn cobs as you need or will fit. The time is still 2 minutes.
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Instant Pot or any Electric pressure cooker
- 6 ears corn on the cob husks removed
- 1 cup water
- Place the corn in the Instant Pot liner, with or without trivet.
- Pour in 1 cup water.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and set valve to sealing.
- Set to Manual for 2 min.
- Allow a natural release after the time is up, can release sooner if needed.
- Leave lid on with keep warm cycle running until ready to serve.
- Cook as many or as few ears of corn as needed, The time is still 2 min. I have fit up to six ears in my 6 qt Instant Pot.
- Cut ears in half if needed to fit.
- If leaving husks on for cooking, increase cook time to 3 minutes.
Other Super-easy Instant pot Sides
- Making rice in the instant pot is just as easy as corn and comes out perfectly every time.
- Take baby carrots to a new level with these Garlic & Herb Carrots from Piping Pot Curry.
- Try Garlic Herb Instant Pot Potatoes from The Recipe Rebel.
Shop this Post
*This post contains affiliate links, through which I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.