Chipotle Mayo is the perfectly spicy sauce to top all your favorite sandwiches.
I stumbled upon a thing. Homemade Chipotle Mayo. Chipotle Mayo is actually just regular old mayo all jazzed up with extra flavor BUT, it may just become your new favorite condiment! Good enough to eat with a spoon, although not strictly advised. Not overly spicy, it has just a kick of flavor to make your mouth happy!
So… what do I do with it?
Need some ideas for how to use this delicious sauce? I’ve got you covered:
- Deli-meat sandwiches, turkey or ham and cheese, go from ordinary to extraordinary!
- Take grilled hamburgers to the next level!
- Add to grilled cheese sandwiches for an extra kick!
- Dipping french fries sounds like an excellent idea.
- Oh, on a BLT… that would be amazing, right??
- And Chipotle Chicken Cheesesteaks (recipe coming soon!)
Need even more whacky (or not) ideas? Well, think:
- on eggs
- or in deviled eggs
- hot dog condiment of your dreams…
- pizza dip?
- dip for chicken fingers = no brainer!
- anything you’d put regular mayo on, obviously.
Ingredients in (Semi) Homemade Chipotle Mayo
- The main ingredient: your favorite store-bought or homemade mayo, I used store-bought.
Since you’re making it yourself, you can also ensure it’s gluten-free, since you know what you’ll be putting in it.
If you also need dairy-free, Sir Kensington’s and Primal Kitchen both make a dairy-free mayo that are certified gluten-free. Thrive market also sells a vegan, egg-free mayo.
- Adobo sauce from a can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo: I’ve used this ingredient so many times on the blog like in salsa, Chicken Tinga, chili, and even for this delicious salad!
- Spices: smoked paprika, garlic powder, chili powder and salt & pepper
- Lemon Juice
Making this condiment is about as easy as it gets
Ready for this? Stir the ingredients together. Ta-da! Easiest. Recipe. Ever.
Storing Homemade Chipotle Mayo
I put the chipotle mayo in a small mason jar and refrigerate. I try to use it up within about a week. It may last longer, so use your own judgement on appearance, smell, and/or taste but when in doubt, throw it out.
Homemade Chipotle Mayo
This spicy, doctored up mayo is your new favoirte condiment!
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until serving.
Did you enjoy this recipe?
Please leave a comment & star-rating below!
Use the social share buttons to save this recipe to Facebook & Pinterest!
Tag me on Instagram @wheatbythewayside and use #wheatbythewayside.