Chipotle Mayo is the perfectly spicy sauce to top all your favorite sandwiches.
I stumbled upon a thing. Homemade Chipotle Mayo. Chipotle Mayo is actually just regular old mayo all jazzed up with extra flavor BUT, it may just become your new favorite condiment! Good enough to eat with a spoon, although not strictly advised. Not overly spicy, it has just a kick of flavor to make your mouth happy!
So… what do I do with it?
Need some ideas for how to use this delicious sauce? I’ve got you covered:
- Deli-meat sandwiches, turkey or ham, and cheese go from ordinary to extraordinary!
- Take grilled hamburgers to the next level!
- Add to grilled cheese sandwiches for an extra kick!
- Dipping french fries sounds like an excellent idea.
- Oh, on a BLT… that would be amazing, right??
- And last but not least Chipotle Chicken Cheesesteaks!
Need even more whacky (or not) ideas? Well, think:
- on eggs
- or in deviled eggs
- hot dog condiment of your dreams…
- pizza dip?
- dip for chicken fingers = no brainer!
- anything you’d put regular mayo on, obviously.
Ingredients in Semi-Homemade Chipotle Mayo
- The main ingredient: your favorite store-bought or homemade mayo, I used store-bought.
Since you’re making it yourself, you can also ensure it’s gluten-free (if that’s important to you!), since you know what you’ll be putting in it.
If you also need dairy-free, Sir Kensington’s and Primal Kitchen both make a dairy-free mayo that is certified gluten-free. Thrive Market also sells a vegan, egg-free mayo.
- Adobo sauce from a can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo: I’ve used this ingredient so many times on the blog like in salsa, Chicken Tinga, chili, and even for this delicious salad!
- Spices: smoked paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, salt & pepper
- Lemon Juice
Making this condiment is about as easy as it gets
Ready for this? Stir the ingredients together. Ta-da! Easiest. Recipe. Ever.
Storing Homemade Chipotle Mayo
I put the chipotle mayo in a small mason jar and refrigerate. I try to use it up within about a week. It may last longer, so use your own judgment on appearance, smell, and/or taste but when in doubt, throw it out.
Homemade Chipotle Mayo
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce*, from a can of chiptoles in adobo
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Refrigerate until serving.
- Looking for more? Find all my dip and sauce recipes, like my favorite Homemade Ranch Dip!
- See the Chipotle Chicken Cheesesteak Sandwich recipe that was the inspiration for this sauce!
Do you like this recipe?
⭐️ Please leave a star-rating below! ⭐️
Use the social share buttons to save or Pin this recipe for later!