If you're on the hunt for the best gluten-free pumpkin desserts for thanksgiving or just some cozy fall baking, you've come to the right place! In this roundup you'll find the best gluten-free pumpkin dessert recipes for pies, cookies, cakes, and more!
Gluten-Free Baking Tips
Are you new to gluten-free baking or baking for a gluten-free friend or family member? If so, be sure to read through these tips before making your gluten-free thanksgiving desserts!
Baking for a gluten-free friend can get a little complicated, especially if that person has celiac disease or a severe gluten-intolerance, in which even cross-contact with gluten can make them sick. Here are some tips to help you make a dessert that's safe to consume and that your gluten-free guest will feel confident eating!
- Gluten-Free means no Wheat, Barley, Rye or regular Oats.
- Check labels: Check labels on every product you'll be using to make the dessert.
- Yes, on every single product! You'd be surprised where gluten can hide, especially if you're not immersed in the gluten-free diet.
- Look for a gluten-free claim. This can be as simple as the words, "gluten-free" printed somewhere on the label or a small symbol indicating the product is certified gluten-free. If you see either of these, the product is safe to use!
- Look for an allergen statement. This is usually found under the ingredient list. If the label states: Contains Wheat or May Contain Wheat, avoid this product.
- There can be a difference of ingredients between the name brand and store-brand items, so never assume a product is safe to swap without checking the label.
- Use fresh ingredients: If you've ever dunked a measuring cup into the flour bin and then into the sugar bin without cleaning it first, guess what? Your sugar is no longer safe to use for someone who is gluten-free.
- You must buy a fresh bag of any baking ingredient that could have been contaminated with flour.
- Avoid cross-contact in the kitchen: Be sure to keep flour away from your gluten-free dessert!
- Bake in a clean environment and at a separate time from your regular baking.
- Use freshly washed counters, utensils, pans, mixing bowls, etc.
- Keep airborne flour away from your gluten-free dessert with a lid or cover.
- Save the labels. Your gluten-free guest will be very appreciative if you save the labels on your ingredients so they can see what you've used to make the dish.
- Use the recommended gluten-free flour blend: Most gluten-free recipes are developed with specific gluten-free flours which are typically noted in the recipe card. Straying from these suggestions might affect the end result. So, make sure you stick to the suggested flour and follow the recipe as-is. Swapping out ingredients could lead to poor results.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie
You simply cannot have Thanksgiving without a pumpkin pie! Here we've taken the classic pumpkin pie and made it gluten-free using our favorite gluten-free flaky pie crust recipe!
Gluten-Free Traditional Pumpkin Pie
Creamy Crustless Pumpkin Pie
Creamy Vegan & Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Bars
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cakes
The pie is covered, now it's time for cake! Treat your guests to a soft and tender gluten-free pumpkin cake they're sure to love!
Gluten-free Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies
Who doesn't love cookies? They're a hit with kids and adults alike! Whip up a batch of gluten-free pumpkin cookies, easy to make and easy to transport!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Gluten-free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten-free Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
Gluten-free Pumpkin Cream Pies
Gluten-Free Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
What to Serve with Gluten-Free Pumpkin Desserts
What pairs perfectly with dessert? Coffee, of course! For an extra treat, whip up this easy gluten-free pumpkin spice sauce! It's delicious stirred into coffee or lattes!
Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Sauce
Gain access to our FREE exclusive mini-series:
Gluten-Free Baking and Lessons Learned!
Plus, be the first to know about new recipes and exciting announcements!
📩 Sign up for the Mini-Series Here! 📩
We hope you enjoy these gluten-free pumpkin desserts this holiday season! They are the absolute best gluten-free pumpkin recipes, perfect to add to your thanksgiving dinner menu! Check out more great gluten-free recipes below!
If you enjoyed this roundup, check out some of my other recipe collections, like these gluten-free pumpkin cookies, gluten-free soup recipes, gluten-free potluck ideas, and gluten-free super bowl recipes! Check out this resource for the best gluten-free stuffing mixes.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Desserts FAQs
Pumpkin itself is naturally gluten-free, but it's important to always check the ingredient labels to ensure that nothing has been added which may contain gluten.
Pure pumpkin puree is gluten-free. However, it's always best to check labels for any added ingredients that may contain gluten.
Traditional pie crusts are typically made with wheat flour, which contains gluten. If you are looking for a gluten-free alternative, you can find pre-made gluten-free pie crusts in some stores or make your own using gluten-free flour blends.
More Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
Now that you've had your fill of pumpkin, check our some other classic gluten-free Thanksgiving desserts to add to your Thanksgiving table!
Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Sides
Need some more gluten-free thanksgiving sides recipes to round out your Thanksgiving menu? Check out our favorite savory recipes!